62 Annual Conference Bodo Sahitya Sabha
The 62 Annual Conference of Bodo Sahitya Sabha concluded on 26 of February, 2023. The Bodo Sahitya Sabha’s 62 Annual Conference was held on 23, 24, 25 and 26 February, 2023 with Three-Day long program at Rani Khalaishree Fwthar. Patgaon, Kokrajhar, BTR, Assam. The first day of programe (23, February, 2023) was of Kokrajhar district Bodo Sahitya Sabha conference.
First Delegate Session|Cultural Night
The first delegate session in connection with 62 Annual Conference of Bodo Sahitya Sabha held on 24 February 2023 started by evening around 7:00 PM onwards which was preside over by the President, BSS Shri Toren Boro. The first delegate session was formally inaugurated by Professor Surat Narzary Former Principal Kokrajhar Govt. College and Former Founder Member of All Bodo Students Union. In the 1st delegate siting many issues related to Education, Literature, culture socio-economic etc. relevant issues were discussed thoroughly. Many social worker, historian, allied organization’s representatives and district committee of BSS were took part in the delegate session. Simultaneously cultural nite program was inaugurated by Shri Daobaisa Boro, EM BTR, Assam on the same day.
Flag Hoisting Programe|25 Feb|23
The Bodo Sahitya Sabha President Shri Toren Boro unfurled its organizational Flag at morning on 25 February 2023. Hon’ble President of BSS addressed his brief speech in connection with Flag hoisting program where all the delegates from various district committee, Intellectuals, writers, professors, teacher, and many dignitaries were present in the event.
Award Presentation|Felicitation Ceremony
Every year of its conference the Bodo Sahitya Sabha had been felicitating some state, National and International awardees. The following name are felicitated candidate for their winning in the respective field.
Sahitya Akademi Award
|Year of award received
|Dr. Indira Boro
|Mr. Raja Devajit Basumaary
Assam Gaurav Awardee
|Dr. Jogesh Deory
|Shri Rustom Basumatary
|Shri Sarbeswar Basumatary
Second Delegate Sitting|2nd|BSS
The Second delegate sitting held on 25 February 2023 where various issues related to the Bodo Communities were discussed to resolve the issues. after thorough discussion on the respective issues the Bodo Sahitya Sabha have adopted some resolution. The Following are the resolution-
- Resolution No. 1: The meeting resolved to approve the annual report of GS for the year- 2022.
- Resolution No. 2: The meeting resolved to approve the internal auditor report wef. from May, 2022 to February, 2023.
- Resolution No. 3: The meeting resolved that the preference of Appointment in Bodo Medium School should be given to the candidates who are passed in TET from Bodo Medium.
- Resolution No. 4: The meeting resolved that for enhancing the students enrolment and revival of Bodo Medium School a jointly awareness meeting will be conducted by Bodo Sahitya Sabha and All Bodo Students Union in each and every district.
- Resolution No. 5: The meeting resolved that the amount of RANGSAR award will be increased from 10 (Ten) thousand to twenty) thousand.
- Resolution No. 6: The meeting resolved that the Central Bodo Sahitya Sabha will discuss with BTR Government for annual grants-in-aid of 5 (five) lakhs to all district Bodo Sahitya Sabha.
- Resolution No. 7: The Meeting resolved to dissolve the existing Central Executive Committee of BSS and hereby nominated Mr. Taren Boro as caretaker President of the session to re-constitute a new executive committee.
- Resolution No. 8: The meeting constituted the new Central Executive Committee for the session 2023-2025 with the following members-
|Prof. Surat Narzary
|Shri Sitaram Basumatary
|Shri Prasanta Boro
|Ms. Nilima Basumatary
|Shri Nilakanta Basumatary
|Shri Bonoy Kr. Narzary
|Shri Kameswar Baro
|Dr. Pranab Jyoti Narzary
The Bodo Sahitya Sabha’s Open session was held on 26 February 2023 at Rani Khalaishree Fwthar, Patgaon, Kokrajhar. The open session was formally inaugurated by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sharma and the Senior Journalist and writer Mr. Alok Mehta graced as the chief guest of the meeting and Hon’ble CEM, Dy. CEM, EM, MLAs, MCLAs and many distinguished guest were present in the meeting.
While Attending Annual Conference of BSS CM Dr. Himanta Biswa Sharma given his statement through media person Hon’ble CM said that BTR’s various types of Appointment distribution power is in BTC Govt. Assam Govt. has nothing to do said CM. Moreover BTC’s various Dept. III & 1V Grade Job recruitment power is also in BTR Government. advertisement, Interview and conducting examination
Apart from the formal program peoples gained many experience by visiting in different area of the conference. Specially Exhibition draws peoples attention with various items like Book Stall, Dhokona Stall, Fast Food Stall, Farming site, Cultural Instruments store and etc. where peoples purchased many items as their wish and some people just visited only. In the Exhibition, number of stall were opened who have come from respective district to sell their item|products.